Top European Investment Bank is looking to hire an enthusiastic and passionate junior level Quantitative Analyst to work within the Risk and Analytics space. This is a small and growing team based in Berlin who work closely with a larger team in London.
This team provides independent oversight and governance for senior managers in relation to model analytics and their implementation into the risk architecture that drives valuation, risk and stress results.
Key responsibilities will include reviewing and analysing both algorithmic and derivative models across all major asset classes. This will involve working closely with front office trading, quants, market risk managers, and other departments where necessary.
This presents a very good opportunity for an individual at the early stages of their career in finance or who is looking to break into the finance industry to participate in very important projects in a fast-paced environment.
What we’re looking for:
· A Master’s or ideally PhD in Maths, Physics, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline
· Excellent mathematical abilities and an understanding of stochastic calculus, partial differential equations, monte-carlo methods, finite difference methods, and numerical algorithms.
· The ability to communicate ideas clearly both in writing and orally
· An interest in financial markets
· Experience coding in C++, Python and/or Matlab
Compensation is competitive and dependent on experience.