The mission of my client is to grow the Bitcoin economy. They have raised significant capital, build Bitcoin apps, and the open-source technologies required to unleash the true potential of Bitcoin for DeFi and Decentralized Applications.
They’re looking for talented and mission-oriented Blockchain engineers to join their remote-first team and help them to contribute to the Stacks and Bitcoin ecosystems.
In this role you’ll contribute to the Stacks core protocol and work on a number of critical initiatives for growing and scaling the Stacks protocol. The ideal candidate has a background in public blockchains or distributed systems, an understanding of peer to peer networks that must be resilient in adversarial settings, and extensive testing experience. In this role your work will improve efficiency and add functionality to the Stacks blockchain and the novel consensus mechanism proof of transfer that is both energy efficient and secure by anchoring to Bitcoin.
What You’ll Do:
· Improve Stacks miner implementation to increase efficiency of the Stacks blockchain.
· Further optimize the storage layer of the Stacks blockchain.
· R&D for enabling Clarity smart contracts writing to Bitcoin.
What We’re Looking For:
· 6+ years of distributed systems software experience.
· Experience with one or more of the following: public blockchains, consensus protocols, large scale distributed systems, applied cryptography, compilers; any other equivalent technology.
· C, C++ or Rust development background
· Working knowledge of programming language interpreters, compilers, and static analysis.
· Working knowledge of complexities of peer-to-peer systems
· Experience working on large, complex, distributed systems such as a distributed database, cluster controllers, etc.
· Experience with monitoring and testing practices.